Wigs for Kids are thrilled to receive $10,000.00 from The Dilawri Auto Group
CUT-A-THON FOR THE KIDS
Steveston Wigs for Kids Weekend
The Steveston Wigs for Kids BC Weekend sponsored by The Dinnell Real Estate Group is happening June 24 and 25th with all proceeds benefitting Wigs for Kids BC!!
Saturday June 24
Collective Beauty is once again having their fabulous Cutathon
3900 Moncton St604-370-0276
Six stylists and Barber Gotti will be cutting hair from 10-6. Cuts are $100 if you collect a minimum $100 in pledges the cut is free. Gel manis at $45 and brow lamination, lash lifts and micro blading ($500 cosmetic brow tattooing) are being donated too! Book your appointments at 604-370-0276
Sunday June 25
The Little Mexico Cantina
3131 Chatham St604-272-5123
The Little Mexico Cantina will be hosting their third annual Taco Eating Contest from 1-4pm
VIP tickets still available for patio and inside dining. $50 each and include a beer or margarita and two tacos!
Come down and watch the six contestants vie for the Taco Eating Trophy
Other Steveston fundraising will include
- Steveston artist Marion Whiting will be doing quick sketches outside of Harmony Dental on Moncton St Saturday
- A Monkey Tree on Moncton St is raffling off a beautiful butterfly bench until after July long weekend
- Sinfully the Best on #1 Rd will be making and selling Wigs for Kids cookies all weekend
- Steveston Bakery on #1 Rd will be selling a Wigs for Kids muffin all weekend
- And The Steveston Seafood House on Moncton St will donate 2% of all sales for the month of June. Say you are supporting Wigs for Kids and it’s 4%
A hockey play-by-play broadcaster, Joey Pitt, is raising money for BC Children’s Hospital in memory of one of his best friends, along with help from his B.C. Hockey League club.
Pitt, who works for the Surrey Eagles Junior “A” hockey club, has raised $6,200, so far, that will be donated to the hospital’s Wigs for Kids organization. A BC Children’s Hospital fundraiser will come to a close on March 19, 2023. Submitted
“This all starts with my best friend Avery. In the summer of 2019, he had a tumour that began growing on his neck. He got it checked out and he was diagnosed with Hodgkin’s Lymphoma,” Pitt told Global News.
When he started treatment, I joked with him that I would donate my hair to him. When he took a turn for the worse in July of 2022, I had the chance to talk to him about the fundraiser. One of the last things he ever told me was that he was proud of me.”
The fundraiser has been running all season long for the Surrey Eagles, with Pitt capping the fundraiser where he will be cutting off his long hair on March 19 on the ice during the second intermission.
The Eagles and Pitt’s goal is to raise $15,000 by March 19, and recently Pitt said an anonymous donor will be matching donations up to $5,000.
The wonderful folks at IA Financial generously donated 10K to the Wigs for Kids BC program, we can’t thank you enough!! This donation will help so many BC kids and their families.
It's Easy as PIE!
Will you help us contribute to a fabulous cause for the kids?
Order Online now at www.mrcooperspies.com
Another book by RayMan Ramsay, available now, a hysterical look into Vancouver’s music industry! Partial proceeds going to Wigs for Kids.
Barnes and Noble @barnesandnoble
Pro Monkey…Waldorf Hysteria
Monkey Born Today! Congrats, it's a BOOK!
Tuesday, August 24th 2021
Today, is a Special Day, a ’crowning’ achievement, my book is bourne!
Promo Monkey: Monkey See Monkey TWO!
Let it be known that, partial proceeds of the sale of this Epic Go to Wigs for Kids (BC) In support of BC Children’s Hospital... to put a smile on a child. My Go-To Good place since 2006, *Tah for your kind coinsideration* RayMan
This covers my 50+ year Romp & Roll careen thru the Music Biz, 1968 to present and include first hand experiences and anecdotal stories from behind the Music Curtain. Book 1 to follow.
(Put yer paws here>) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MwHWbsvgQUE
Check out THIS joint...
Announcing our partnership with Wigs For Kids BC
Friday, January 22nd 2021
Dinnell Real Estate Group is announcing their partnership with Wigs for Kids BC.
Reopening Mail-In Donations
Wednesday, June 17th 2020
Thank you so much for your patience and understanding, we truly appreciate your support and holding off on cutting and sending your hair in order to donate to Wigs for Kids. We ask that you please mail hair directly to Eva & Co Wigs. The hair donation criteria and mailing address are provided below. Please continue to mail any monetary donations to the Foundation attention Mackenzie, address is also provided below. We apologize for any inconvenience this causes and thank you for your understanding.
Hair Donation Criteria:
- Hair should be a minimum of 10 inches in length
- Hair should be tied at the top (ponytail) not braided
- Hair should not be dyed, permed or chemically treated
- Grey hair is accepted
- Do not straighten hair – wash and dry please
- Hair should be sent within 3 months of cut date. This has been extended to 5 months for those impacted by social distancing restrictions
- Wigs for Kids is not affiliated with any salon so please feel free to chose any salon you wish to have your hair cut.
How to Send Hair:
- Do not put hair in plastic bag
- Hair can be wrapped in tissue or paper towel and put into an envelope
- Please note that we will not be able to acknowledge receipt of your hair donation
- We would be happy to mail you a thank you certificate please email email@example.com with your name and mailing address
Mail hair only, no drop offs please:
Wigs for Kids BC
c/o Eva & Co Wigs
3216 Oak Street
Vancouver, BC V6H 2L3
- Please do not mail cash
- If people require a tax receipt for donations of $20 or more please provide a list with their name, mailing address and phone number. Pledge sheets can be printed here.
- Alternatively it’s easy to set up an online fundraising page where secure credit card transactions can be made
Mail monetary donations to:
Wigs for Kids BC – Attn: Mackenzie
c/o BC Children’s Hospital Foundation
938 28th Ave W
Vancouver, BC V5Z 4H4
Wigs and beyond
Through the fundraising efforts of generous individuals Wigs for Kids is able to make a big impact on the lives of BC’s Kids and families. Each wig costs roughly $600 - $700 to make, which is 100% donation funded. Wigs For Kids also provides funding for medications and feeding supplies that are not covered by MSP. Recently Wigs For Kids has also begun supporting more initiatives to help the community, funding a volunteer driving program that drives oncology patients and their families to hospital appointments. This helps families who rely on public transit and taxis to get to and from appointments. Wigs For Kids also supports families with travel costs, whether is out of province travel for treatments or those that need to come from outside of the lower mainland for treatment.
You can help support this by signing up to become a fundraiser at www.wigsforkidsbc.com
Thank you again for thinking of BC’s Kids