Wigs For Kids Online Auction
Monday, May 16th 2022
Great auction items Golf, Sports tickets, Jerseys, Hotel Stays, Baskets, Trips including a Helicopter Tour!
Sunday, June 12, 2022
Monkey Born Today! Congrats, it's a BOOK!
Tuesday, August 24th 2021
Today, is a Special Day, a ’crowning’ achievement, my book is bourne!
Promo Monkey: Monkey See Monkey TWO!
Let it be known that, partial proceeds of the sale of this Epic Go to Wigs for Kids (BC) In support of BC Children’s Hospital... to put a smile on a child. My Go-To Good place since 2006, *Tah for your kind coinsideration* RayMan
This covers my 50+ year Romp & Roll careen thru the Music Biz, 1968 to present and include first hand experiences and anecdotal stories from behind the Music Curtain. Book 1 to follow.
(Put yer paws here>) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MwHWbsvgQUE
Check out THIS joint...
Announcing our partnership with Wigs For Kids BC
Friday, January 22nd 2021
Dinnell Real Estate Group is announcing their partnership with Wigs for Kids BC.
Reopening Mail-In Donations
Wednesday, June 17th 2020
Thank you so much for your patience and understanding, we truly appreciate your support and holding off on cutting and sending your hair in order to donate to Wigs for Kids. We ask that you please mail hair directly to Eva & Co Wigs. The hair donation criteria and mailing address are provided below. Please continue to mail any monetary donations to the Foundation attention Mackenzie, address is also provided below. We apologize for any inconvenience this causes and thank you for your understanding.
Hair Donation Criteria:
- Hair should be a minimum of 10 inches in length
- Hair should be tied at the top (ponytail) not braided
- Hair should not be dyed, permed or chemically treated
- Grey hair is accepted
- Do not straighten hair – wash and dry please
- Hair should be sent within 3 months of cut date. This has been extended to 5 months for those impacted by social distancing restrictions
- Wigs for Kids is not affiliated with any salon so please feel free to chose any salon you wish to have your hair cut.
How to Send Hair:
- Do not put hair in plastic bag
- Hair can be wrapped in tissue or paper towel and put into an envelope
- Please note that we will not be able to acknowledge receipt of your hair donation
- We would be happy to mail you a thank you certificate please email email@example.com with your name and mailing address
Mail hair only, no drop offs please:
Wigs for Kids BC
c/o Eva & Co Wigs
3216 Oak Street
Vancouver, BC V6H 2L3
- Please do not mail cash
- If people require a tax receipt for donations of $20 or more please provide a list with their name, mailing address and phone number. Pledge sheets can be printed here.
- Alternatively it’s easy to set up an online fundraising page where secure credit card transactions can be made
Mail monetary donations to:
Wigs for Kids BC – Attn: Mackenzie
c/o BC Children’s Hospital Foundation
938 28th Ave W
Vancouver, BC V5Z 4H4
Wigs and beyond
Through the fundraising efforts of generous individuals Wigs for Kids is able to make a big impact on the lives of BC’s Kids and families. Each wig costs roughly $600 - $700 to make, which is 100% donation funded. Wigs For Kids also provides funding for medications and feeding supplies that are not covered by MSP. Recently Wigs For Kids has also begun supporting more initiatives to help the community, funding a volunteer driving program that drives oncology patients and their families to hospital appointments. This helps families who rely on public transit and taxis to get to and from appointments. Wigs For Kids also supports families with travel costs, whether is out of province travel for treatments or those that need to come from outside of the lower mainland for treatment.
You can help support this by signing up to become a fundraiser at www.wigsforkidsbc.com
Thank you again for thinking of BC’s Kids
Record Breaking Total of $80K Raised
Tuesday, January 28th 2020
Thanks so much to everyone who supported the Collective Beauty Studio and Steveston Seafood House Fundraisers on Jan 25, we are delighted to announce the record breaking total of $80K raised!!!
Wigs for Kids Needs Hair Donations
Wednesday, January 16th 2019
Wigs for Kids has seen a decline in hair donations and is asking people to lop off their locks to help meet demand.